In this video, I show how to unload a busting swarm trap into a new colony. Unfortunately, the phone overheated and cut off midway through (before I got the second deep on). It still had enough good info to achieve the intention. This trap had combs built off the bottoms of each frame that had to be cut and rubber-banded into additional frames. Overall it yielded about 6 to 7 frames of brood and eggs. It’s a colony in a great position to build right now (during a great nectar flow here in SE Indiana). I’m happy to answer any questions I may have left anyone hanging with.
Recent PostsHave a look at some other posts!
- We generally eat pretty healthy around here… but when we’re looking for creative ways to use up our healthy foraged edibles, splurging a little on some junk food seems OK …Read More »
- I lost one hive out of 13 over the winter. In fact, I lost it mid to late February… AFTER I put a candy board on it. This hive came …Read More »
- Yet another application for the wild ramps. I have been reading about kraut and kimchi. I love both, and as I thought about all the ramp greens I had, it …Read More »